First announced in late 2016, the new LG NeON 2 solar panel (LG330N1C) is now only a few weeks away from being available in Australia. Its predecessor, the LG320N1C (315w) is still available but for those in the research phase looking for cutting edge panels we suggest taking a look at the new NeON 2.
It boasts the following specs which really makes it stand out from some of the more conventional solar panels on the market:
- 330W (260w is standard, previous model was 315w)
- 12 Years Parts & Labour Product Warranty (was previously 10 years – now lengthened to help
- Similar size to 260w (standard) panels – meaning 27% more electricity per square metre.
- 25 Year Performance guarantee – although all panels degrade slowly due to the nature of the cells, LG guarantee 83.6% warranted output after 25 years.
- Power Tolerance 0/+3% – this means you can be guaranteed 330w as a minimum and up to 340w.
- 60 Cell Design
- Durable design for rough weather – the NeON 2 can withstand a front load of 6000 pascals (5400 is standard) – and a rear/wind load of 5400 pascals (2400 is standard).
- Bifacial (double-sided) panels are able to generate electricity from both sides which means the total output capacity has been raised due to the improved temperature co-efficient – and the Neon 2 panels will also produce more energy than normal solar panels under cloud cover – as much as 43%.
Markus Lambert, the MD of LG Solar Australia said that the development of bifacial cells in a translucent panel product had taken LG’s technology “to the next level”.
“The bifacial cells can generate more power within a consistently small area, helping to boost efficiency and reduce the overall cost of a PV system. The LG NeON 2 BiFacial module raises the bar for the solar industry once more taking competition to the next level,” Lambert said.
View the official spec sheet of the new LG NeON 2 (LG325/330N1C-A5) here – LG NeON 2 Spec Sheet.
Get a quote for installation by clicking here! Alternatively for product enquiries you can email [email protected]
View the installation manual by clicking here.