The 55th annual Solar Energy Conference & Exhibition was held on May 3 and 4 in Melbourne this week and included discussions and panels about solar, battery storage, and smart homes.
At the Solar Energy Conference in 2016 there were 4,488 attendees and was forecast to grow in 2017 (according to SustainabilityMatters 5,000 delegates were expected). All things solar were exhibited and discussed in a number of thought provoking and exciting presentations about the future of solar, solar tech, and Australia’s part to play in all of it:
Solar Energy Conference – Speakers and Notable Presentations
On May 3 there were a couple of very forward thinking speeches – Renate Egan from the Australian PV Institute and Solar Analytics chaired a conversation on ‘Technology Breakthroughs: Solar PV and Batteries” while Greg Muller from the Climate Media Centre discussed ‘Solar & Storage: A Rising Star’. Lastly, Brian England of the SEIA presented ‘Heating with PV – switching PV surplus to heat water’ which can, in certain circumstances, be more profitable than feeding back to the grid.
Barbara Elliston from Easy Warm presented about ‘Applied Solar and Energy Storage: Micro Grids’ – we have reported previously about solar microgrids integrated with blockchain and are following progressions with interest. It’s like a neighbourhood co-op, but with electricity instead of organic tomatoes. Fiona O’Heheir of Greenbank Environmental also discussed ‘Making Commercial Solar and Energy Storage Work’ – investigating the current climate and how commercial enterprises go about using solar+storage to save money and invest in the future.
We’re hoping to have the powerpoint slides / video footage and/or transcripts of the panels in the coming days. Please watch this space!
2017 Melbourne Solar Energy Exhibition & Conference Exhibitors
According to the official website there were 71 exhibitors:
- AC Solar Warehouse
- Alpha ESS
- Alpha Technologies Pty Ltd
- Aquion Energy
- ARENA – Australian Renewable Energy Agency
- ASM Money
- ATA and ReNew Magazine
- Australian Energy Storage Council
- Australian Solar Council
- Beyond Zero Emissions
- BYD Company limited
- Cixi City Rixing Electronics Co.,Ltd
- Clean Energy Regulator
- DNV GL
- Dyson(Shanxi) Renewable Energy Co. Ltd.
- Emerging Energy Solutions
- Energy Power Systems Australia
- Energy Smart Water
- Energy Super
- Enphase Energy Australia
- GCL System Intergration Technology Co.Ltd
- Global Mainstream Dynamic Energy Technology Ltd
- GNB Technologies
- Green Energy Trading
- Greenbank Enviromental
- HeBei ShaoBo Photovoltaic Technology Co., Ltd
- HID Australia Pty Ltd
- Hybrid Australia
- Infosalons Test 3
- Inova International Pty Ltd
- Jiangsu GMO Hi-Tech Co.,Ltd.
- Jiangsu Highstar Battery Manufacturing Co.,Ltd.
- Leveltec Engineering Pty Ltd
- LG Electronics
- Longi Solar
- MAK Fastener Specialists Pty Ltd.
- Nicest New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
- NINGBO KOSUN NEW ENERGY CO.,LTD
- One Stop Warehouse
- Orion Computors PTY LTD.
- Pylon Technologies
- REC Solar PTY LTD
- Reposit Power
- Shenzhen Jing Fu Yuan Tech.Co.,Ltd.
- Shenzhen Kstar New Energy Co., Ltd
- Shenzhen Leadray Optoelectronic Co.,Ltd.
- ShenZhen Semilight Semiconductor Lightning Co., Ltd
- Shenzhen Sinovo Electric Technologies Co,. Ltd
- Shenzhen SOFARSOLAR Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Solar – Led Lighting Technology Co, Ltd
- Shenzhen Solarparts Inc
- SHENZHEN SUN LOVE SOLAR CO., LTD.
- SHENZHEN YUFAI AURORA OPTOELECTRONIC CO., LIMITED
- Solar Aanalytics
- Solar Energy Industries Assoc (SEIA)
- Solar Juice
- SSE Australia
- State Government of Victoria
- Sunwiz & PVsell
- Supply Partners
- TAIZHOU KORLONE PHOTOELECTRIC CO.,LTD